How to Make Turkish Red Lentil Soup From Scratch30th November 2015
Turkish Red Lentil Soup
This version of Turkey's classic lentil soup is home cooking at its best: Simple, flavourful and nutritious. Make it a complete meal by adding a tangy salad and your favourite flatbread or a crusty loaf of whole-grain bread.
Let's get started….
• 1 cup red lentil, washed and cleaned
• 4 cups vegetable stock
• 1⁄4 cup mild onion, finely chopped
• 1⁄2 cup white potato, peeled and diced
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
• pepper (to taste)
1. Place the red lentils in a colander and rinse.
2. Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans.
3. Place the washed and cleaned lentils into a medium pot with the stock, potatoes, onions and paprika.
4. Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
5. Loosely place a lid on the pot leaving slightly ajar as to allow some evaporation.
6. Cook for 40-40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place all but 1 cup of the soup into a blender or food processor and blend briefly.
9. Return blended soup to the pot with the reserved cup of soup.
10. Heat through.
11. Serve & Enjoy!
Courtesy of Food.com