For example if you purchase something from a shop or store and are not happy with the item or they sold you the wrong item and they didn't do anything when you complained to them. Who would you then complain too?
If it is a small item (i.e:not like a car) we have Consumer Arbitrator Committee, which operates within the provincial directorates of commerce and district governors' offices.
When you apply to CAC, and they investigate and try to find a solution.
If it is a big thing like a quad bike, car, etc. you have to apply to the Consumer Court.
• defective goods or services
• unfair terms in a contract signed by a seller or supplier
• failure to make a necessary discount on early instalment payments, or miscalculated discount
• failure to deliver goods and/or services in package tours
• failure to properly deliver prepaid goods on time
• failure to deliver goods on time or failure to provide a refund if the consumer exercises the right of withdrawal
• costs not specified in a contract signed with a bank
• subscription agreements
Depending on the price of the goods or service, it is necessary to apply to either a consumer court or the Consumer Arbitrator Committee, in order to settle the dispute.
If you do not have a consumer court in your area, you need to apply to the local civil court. (which can function as a consumer court)
Consumer courts are located in Ankara, Istanbul, Izmir, Adana, Antalya, Bursa, Samsun, Konya, Mersin and Kayseri provinces.
- Applications to consumer courts are exempt from court fees.
- Appeals must be made to the consumer courts.
Consumer help line - 175
You may also be interested in;
» How to add a name / spouse to a Tapu - (Property Title deeds - Turkey)
» What is Turkish Condominium Law? (Law No. 634)
Disclaimer: The information on this site is provided as a general guide. Information published to YellAli is confirmed by legal representatives of YellAli. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the site is up to date and accurate, information may be subject to change at any time. YellAli does not accept any responsibility or liability for inaccuracies in this information.